Thursday, July 29, 2010

More Midweek Reflections


Karianne Pohlman Kreger
This year’s team is wonderful!!! My trip this time has been so different from the last. I left my comfort zone in the dental area today for the first time. I spent part of my day in the children’s ministry. We washed the lice from their hair and made them look so handsome and pretty. I found myself trying to clean their faces with the dampness on the towel after the wash just to get them a little cleaner. Then, I was able to sit with Pastor Don in Evangelism and I now realize the real reason we are here and it has nothing to do with teeth. It was amazing to see how God places the perfect person each day in evangelism for the people that are going to here the good news each day. The perfect person with the perfect testimony, only God could plan for. I am so grateful that I am on this trip with this team and with the leaders we have. Hearts are changing in the Hondurans, hearts are changing in the Americans and once again my heart is changing. It’s going by way to fast again!!!



Chrissy Mancini
Hi. My name is Chrissy. Last week was the first time leaving the US. Go figure—I fit right in. I am seeing the works done in God’s kingdom all over the place. There is a lot that the Hondurans are teaching me. I have seen many people invite Jesus into their hearts, combed lice out of hair, singing a lot, played soccer, and poured a concrete floor for a home. I think Hondurans are just like us, they feel the same things and they love Christ just like me. Maybe even better because they are not distracted by worldly stuff. In closing, better is one day in your courts (Lord) than a thousand elsewhere.



Mike Unti here again
Once again Beverly has amazed me in how God has moved her out of her comfort zone and allowed her to give anesthetic AND clean teeth today. I am so humbled by her boldness. Sola Deo Gloria!!! (translate that one Evy)




Summer George

“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you.” Phil 1:3

How I thank You Lord for allowing me the privilege of seeing Your people of CGEFC living out God’s will this week in Honduras. To see my brothers and sisters serving with passion is truly humbling. I am honored to see their relationship with You deepen and take root. As we return to Your will for our lives to serve in Cary, may our passion and hearts continue to be softened to winning souls for the Lord in our richly blessed neighborhoods of Ilinois. Amen.

You may be wondering why God sent me to serve the Lord in Honduras. Am I deeply touched by God’s people in this nation? Without a doubt. I was honored to lead souls to the Lord on Monday while serving in Evangelism at the Brigade. Praise the Lord!

Seeing physical vision restored, extreme dental care provided, basic medical needs met, and cleaning the hair of the most beautiful children has brought much joy, but do you know what? None of these things are everlasting. But you know what is? Seeing souls won for eternity. There is truly nothing like experiencing the honor of God using our meek inadequate ways to reap the harvest, yet He chooses to.

This is why I have this prayer for our body at CGEFC. A soul won for Christ looks exactly the same in Honduras as it does in Cary. We’re all packaged a little differently, but God truly designed each of us in His own image.

I look forward to returning to my earthly residence of Cary, as this is where He has called Rick and I to service. It is an honor to serve with team from Cary and watch them grow deeper in love for our merciful Creator. I am proud to be in a leadership role with Rick. I am humbly thankful for your support and essential prayers.


1 comment:

  1. Praise God for your service!! Nothing is more important than people knowing Jesus, nothing. I miss you all, can't wait to hear the stories and continue in prayer for all.

    ReplyDelete