Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Midweek Reflections

Pastor Don here. I am sitting here working on tonight’s blog while I watch my team members playing cards and pushing drugs. Where did I go wrong? Actually the team had some down time tonight and they are helping get the pharmacy ready for tomorrow’s brigade while others are playing cribbage and sharing life stories. The accounts that follow are written by team members and provide insight into what God is doing in our lives this week. More stories will be posted Thursday night.



My name is Courtney Garvin. What God has been doing in my life the past couple days has been amazing. He has taught me to completely trust in what his plans are for me. Which is taking me outside my comfort zone by working in Evangelism Thursday.



Hi, I'm Carolyn Tollberg

These past few days in Honduras have been a real eye-opener to me. It’s one thing to hear about all the stories and see all the pictures, but it’s an entirely different experience to see Honduras and its people with my own eyes. Seeing the people and having the ability to interact with them has affected me so much, and the reactions I’ve seen as a result of our work has astonished me. It’s incredible how patient, open, and grateful people in Honduras are, and it’s hard for me to react to such characteristics because I don’t experience such reactions in America on a daily basis. Looking at all of this made me realize that because of their conditions, some people find it easier to follow God when they have nothing else, and while the opposite can be true as well, one thing remains the same: God loves the people in Honduras, as well as the people in America and the rest of the world as well.


Hi, I'm Kajsa Schirle

Being in Honduras these past couple days have been such a contrast to life at home. And it’s not the location, the food, or the clean water supply. It’s the people and the work. My heart is filled with love for my teammates and for the Honduran people. The work is meaningful in a way completely unfamiliar to me, though I work in the service industry at home. At my job, the customer tells me what they need and I give it to them: a simple transaction. Here they come and wait in line, sometimes for hours, to see me. I don’t know Spanish. I’m not a medical professional. It has awakened in me a desperate hunger to serve, and a deep despair at how little I can do. There is so much work to be done, so much love to give, and not enough time left!


Mike Unti here.

It has been a wonderful and uplifting experience watching the spiritual maturity of this group and I am especially proud of my daughter Beverly who has stepped out of her comfort zone and work and pray with God’s eyes. I am so thankful to God.


I'm Briana Leyba

Ok…so first of all God is absolutely amazing!!!! He has taught me so much in these past couple of days. I know how to love deeper, speak more openly, and I am stronger. I have been so selfish and God has truly humbled my heart! He has challenged me in ways I never could have imagined and I can’t wait to continue to be His hands and glorify his holy name! The Honduran people are such wonderful spirits and it has been a blessing getting to know them and help with their needs. Keep it coming Jesus!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment