Monday, July 26, 2010

Here's Proof


"Better late than never", I always say. Actually I can't remember the last time I had to say that but in this case, it is absolutely the best that we finally did arrive in Honduras. all be it a day late. Our trip from Atlanta to Tegucigalpa was uneventful. As an added perk for missing our Saturday flight, ten of the fifteen of us flying Delta got to fly FIRST CLASS. In other words of the twelve first class seats available, ten were filled by passengers who will likely never fly first class again barring another act of God.

Our team of 32 did a marvelous job today. I couldn't be prouder. Where else can you bring together people from three different states, partner them together in a foreign country with more than twenty foreign translators and a church of foreign volunteers and have the day go like a finely tuned machined with everyone getting along?

I have asked this week's team to focus on being the hands of Jesus. We sometimes forget how significant the role is that our hands play in serving Christ and changing lives. Perhaps this week as we think about being the hands of Jesus, you might consider how God wants to use your hands to bring Jesus to the people in your life. Let the pictures that follow demonstrate what it means to be the hands of Jesus.

Keep praying for us! Pastor Don




3 comments:

  1. My heart longs to be with you in Honduras this week but my hands remain clasped together in prayer for all of you. Charles Spurgeon wrote: "I am a soldier of the cross, let me be of good courage; for the enemy is powerless compared with my Lord whose camp is great."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That's my mommy!!! And there's my daddy!!!" squealed Ellie and Will. "Tell them I'm having a good time," said Caden. We are praying for all of you, especially Ellie and Will and Caden's mommy and daddy to tell children in Honduras about Jesus. Jesus has been amazing in comforting His George children...only sad a couple of times and for short period (usually seconds.) :) They are a joy and blessing to have around.
    PS: the funny lady in the back row trying to fly looks familiar...is her name Patricia Ethel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I TOTALLY SEE MY SISTER!! Kajsa, you are too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete